Sales Representative Job Description
Radiology Imaging Solutions, Inc. is a radiology x-ray equipment sales and service company, based in Grand Rapids Michigan. We lead the industry toward better health care through expert service, sales and technical support. The company was started in 1987 and is managed by the owners, Randy and Philllip Robinson.
We are looking for a Sales Representative that has radiology knowledge, experience and the desire to represent Radiology Imaging Solutions’ product lines to customers located throughout Michigan. The hours are flexible, however experienced sales people understand a salesperson does not punch a time clock, the more you put in, the more you get out. There will be periodic overnight travel.
Radiology Imaging Solutions, Inc. believes in taking care of our team, so we offer some of the best benefits in the industry:
• Base Salary plus commission. No draw here!
• Group health, dental and vision
• Company vehicle, phone and computer
The wage and benefit package is negotiable and based upon experience. Relocation assistance is available.
Normally, a Sales Representative’s primary goal is to meet and exceed sales quotas by making cold calls, renewing client contrast and telling clients about sales or new products. In contrast, a Customer Service Representative’s main job is to listen and sympathize with customers, draft complaints or feedback statements and help customers obtain refunds or compensation.
It is important to understand that we are looking for someone who is more than a Sales Representative or a Customer Service Representative. The Sales Representative position at Radiology Imaging Solutions is a combination of both. In addition, we feel it is also critical that everyone at Radiology Imaging Solutions has a heart of a teacher and implements that philosophy to best serve our customers.
- Candidate must be a Registered Radiographer in good standing.
- Five years’ work experience in the medical imaging industry is required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Must pass all seven background checks
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel with ability to maintain extended periods of computer usage.
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service and or sales process.
- Cold-calling experience
- Experience independently managing a sales territory
- Some experience with contracts
- Proficient with calculations involving percentages
Qualifications and Skills:
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner. Communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of a product to potential customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment while maintaining strong time management skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities and to adapt with shifting priorities/circumstances.
- Personal traits that project an ethical and trustworthy nature.
- Ability to prospect / generate leads and develop / maintain client relationships
- Customer service skills to listen to the concerns of a customer and be able to address their needs
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build relationships and network
- Confidence with a strong self-assuredness skill to succeed in cold-calling customers and to close/make a sale
- Physical endurance skills, as Sales Representatives may need to be on their feet for long hours, spend a lot of time traveling between locations and lift/carry heavy products that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined; specific functions are subject to change.
- Generate and follow up on leads through personal contacts, provided lead lists, and interaction with the customers
- Organize your daily schedule to efficiently engage new and existing customers
- Be able to modify your sales approach and presentations quickly when observations of the sales process indicates a necessary change
- Proactively review your activities to forecast sales opportunities
- Present regular reports to keep management up to date on results of all planned and unplanned sales and lead-generation activities
- Make recommendations to keep the company competitive through evaluations of results and competitor activity
- Offer uncompromising customer service by taking ownership of any customer concerns through entire process, including after resolution
- Responsible for meeting the daily customer service requirements of our established customer base.
- Maintain frequent communications with customers to ensure proper follow-up.
- Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient customer service, including sales, to all accounts within the assigned area.
- Responsible for using your knowledge of company products or services to connect with customers and generate sales. Duties include developing dialog to sell products or services and making cold calls on potential customers.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their current and future needs
- Knowing the products we sell well enough to emphasize the features to highlight how they solve customer problems
- Work with our service, office and marketing teams to coordinate activities
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships
Please email inquiries to [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you!