Service Engineer Job Description
Radiology Imaging Solutions, Inc. is a radiology x-ray equipment sales and service company based in Grand Rapids Michigan. We lead the industry toward better health care through expert service, sales and technical support. The company was started in 1987 by the owners, Randy Robinson and Robert Barkema. In 2020, Robert retired and Philllip Robinson became the new co-owner! We have added ecommerce to our newly designed website and can’t wait to see where that takes us.
We are looking for a Service Engineer that has general technology knowledge. We do provide training. The hours are flexible, however Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM are desired. Expect periodic overnight travel.Full time is desired. The wage and benefit package is negotiable. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customers’ equipment.
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on designated equipment.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
- Meet the Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues.
- Identify and participate in the sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales.
- Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
- Adhere to current regulatory requirements to include but not limited to, HIPPA, OSHA and FDA qualifications and requirements.
- The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined; specific functions are subject to change.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experi
- ence, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable; subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Five years’ work experience in the medical imaging industry is preferred.
- Four years of experience working on x-ray equipment and/or Biomed Training is preferred.
- Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent military experience is preferred.
- Associates Degree with four or more years experience in servicing Diagnostic Imaging equipment is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 or more years experience servicing Diagnostic Imaging equipment is preferred.
- Successfully completed Advanced Electronics School.
- Minimum of an associates’ degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant field.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills and able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Able to lift and carry a toolbox that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
Please email inquiries to [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you!